- 5 oz Ribeye steak
- 1/2 lb Rainbow potatoes (approx. 10 potatoes)
- 3 Rainbow carrots, peeled
- 1 Shallot
- 2 oz Butter
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 Thyme stems
- 2 tbsp Roots Roasted Veggies blend
- 1 tbsp Roots Red Meats blend
- ⅓ cup Water
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, prepare a bowl of ice water and line a tray with a dry kitchen towel (or paper towels).
- Blanch the carrots, potatoes and shallots in the boiling water for 5-7 minutes then transfer them to the ice-water bowl to stop the cooking process. After 5 minutes, move the vegetables to the towel-lined tray to dry, sprinkle with Roots Roasted Veggies blend and combine.
- Warm oil in a pan to medium heat and add the crushed garlic and thyme. After 1 minute, add the vegetables and ⅓ cup of water and cook for about 8 minutes until the liquids reduce a bit.
- Season the steak generously with Roots Red Meats blend on both sides.
- Heat butter in a heavy skillet on medium-high heat and swirl to evenly coat the pan before adding the steak.
- Cook until nicely browned on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare (time may vary depending on steak thickness and size).
On a warmed serving plate
- Place vegetables on one side of the dish.
- Place steak on the other side, drizzle with sauce left from the skillet used to cook the vegetables.