- 4 Colorful carrots, peeled
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ tbsp Salt
- ½ tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Roots Harissa Casablanca
- ½ tbsp Preserved lemon, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Hot green pepper, pitted and finely chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tbsp Salt
- 5 tbsp Lemon juice
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ½ cup Cilantro, finely chopped
- Slice carrots lengthwise, then chop diagonally to ¼” thick slices.
- In a 3 qt saucepan, combine the sliced carrots with water, lemon juice, salt, and sugar, and cook for 10 minutes until carrots are soft.
- Remove carrots, saving the water.
- In a bowl, mix all gravy ingredients together with 1-2 tablespoons of carrot broth.
- Add cooked carrots to the gravy mix and serve.