- 2 cups Basmati or jasmine rice
- 1 pound Ground meat
- 2 Onions, finely sliced
- 2 Carrots, thinly grated
- 4 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Dill, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Baharat seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan to medium, sauté onion until golden, add the carrot and cook for another minute.
- Add ground meat and mix well, crumbling any large chunks so that it blends with the onion and carrot; cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and garlic and stir while cooking for another 4 minutes.
- Add fresh herbs and Roots Baharat and mix. Add enough water to cover the rice by ¼ inch.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes.
*This dish can be made vegetarian by substituting the ground meat with cremini mushrooms.